Monday, June 15, 2015

The Chairman and I.

The Chairman and I had a wonderful time together. He snuggled close, and sniffled into my collar, and listened to the keeping-pace-with-Bob-Marley heartbeat as we went through the entire Bob Marley discography. He's a heavy tyke, by the by, but once you get him into your arms, even if you have been hard-charging without sleep for three days, you don't want to let go.

The Chairman, I believe, is still totally clueless about all the stimuli that is coming at him from all corners and all strangers, yours truly included. But in my arms, he was as calm as a waveless sea on a sunny day. He found my ears fascinating, though, and if his CEO and CFO hadn't intervened in force, the Chairman would have extended that examination all over my massive head.

His head, on the other hand, is so small and his hair is so soft and warm and smells of honey and lemon and, I shit you not, old oak-barrel Jack Daniels. When he decided he didn't want to listen to Bob Marley anymore and took a small nap, his snuffling was so adorable I almost forgot to breath just so I could hear him snuffle through the in-and-out of inhalation and exhalation. I wonder if he finds his breathing as fascinating as I do.

No comments:

Some bosses lead, some bosses blame

Bosses make great CX a central part of strategy and mission. Bosses set standards at the top of organizations. Bosses recruit, train, and de...