Friday, December 18, 2015

The Chairman and Her

There's this picture of Her with the Chairman in her arms. The Chairman, by the by, thinks I am a monster and will scream his head off if I even breath the same air as he. Anyway, there's this picture of Her and the Chairman. It's black and white. He seems content. At least, as the picture is being taken, He has decided not to take umbrage and remind me that I am not His favourite chew toy. It is one of those pictures that remind me, every now and then, that I am in trouble.

It was a public holiday and the rains had abated long enough for Musyoki and I to not screw up the nyama choma; our frequent Dunhill breaks threatened to upend that smooth arrangement. Anyway, She and the Chairman came round the corner, with Her whispering something in the Chairman's ear that made Him smile in that incredible way that tells you that there are a whole bunch of dads buying shotguns because he is going to break a thousand hearts. Anyway, the Chairman and She came round the corner and the moment demanded a snap, as we used to say in Masaku.

The Chairman did what he usually does when I am in the vicinity: He whimpered in displeasure. She did what She is so good at: She said something, I refuse to say what, and the Chairman turned his big, soulful eyes towards her near-perfect countenance, and the moment is now immortalised in ones-and-zeros. (Snaps have changed a lot since the days of Agfa.) No, I won't be sharing the snap with you; that is a privilege only the Chairman's El Rei and Lizz can give you. Besides, I don't want the Chairman coming after me in his Timbalands when he finally learns how to kick.

She smiled, and the Chairman experienced what I get to experience every now and then: bliss. She has rather strong arms, so the Chairman was in a safe pair. But it is the voice that makes the sun that much sunnier, the clouds that much cottony, the moon that much soulful, and the beach that much whiter-and-sandy. When the day gets a little longer, the Chairman and She, digitally immortalised, make it all better. I just thought you should know.

No comments:

Some bosses lead, some bosses blame

Bosses make great CX a central part of strategy and mission. Bosses set standards at the top of organizations. Bosses recruit, train, and de...