Monday, August 03, 2015

Silver Lining.

And it is only Monday.

There is a terribly large dark cloud in my sunny sky. I don't like dark clouds. Even when they have silver linings, I don't like dark clouds. Except today. My silver lining is unlike any that I have had in the past. Back then it was easy to accept the casual way that certain libations simply made the ghosts of the day to melt away. It was easy to revel in the first gaff of the day, when a deep, long-drawn inhalation-exhalation meant that you had kicked back, loosened the tie, put on something Old School and for the next three minutes, forgot about the dog's breakfast of a day.

These days, things have taken quite a turn. To be honest, they have escalated quite a bit.

There is a permanent dark cloud in my sky. Every now and then, when I have made a triumphal; return from Mt Olympus, having jousted with the gods and survived by the skin of my teeth, that dark cloud has rained on my parade, soaked me to the bone with its ill-will, ill-humour and mean spirit. Bob says, Some feel the rain; others just get wet. Now it could be that one day the storm will raise a flood and overwhelm me, but for now, rain-soaked parades or not, my silver lining guarantees that I never, ever get wet.

Because of that silver lining, that ray of sunshine in the midst of a tropical-storm buildup, I see no reason but to hold my head high, hold my tongue, keep my nerve and remember that coffee solves everything. Properly brewed. Black. Lots and lots of sugar. Hot. Yes! Coffee solves everything. (But that is not my silver lining.)

Silver linings take many forms. I didn't know that. Mine had always been the Big Three: libations, music and sleep. Then in one fell swoop Silver Lining took on a whole other meaning. Nowadays, dark clouds can piss all over themselves because I am no longer playing that game. I am above it. I am, according to the never-seems-to-die Mr White in Spectre's trailer, the kite dancing in the hurricane. But only if you are great fan of aerodynamics will you appreciate that sometimes hurricanes benefit some kites.

Anyway, I have a permanent dark cloud above me these days. It won't prevail. My silver lining is the silver bullet to the werewolf of bad days. And She is awesome.

No comments:

Some bosses lead, some bosses blame

Bosses make great CX a central part of strategy and mission. Bosses set standards at the top of organizations. Bosses recruit, train, and de...